MAV Aims & Objectives:
- To promote the eradication of violence and to relieve the victims of the effects of violence within the community.
- To advance the education of the public concerning issues of violence and its impact upon those affected by it.
- To work with and assist young people, men and women, to find meaningful training, employment or work experience.
- To work in partnership with other relevant voluntary/community groups or charitable institutions having similar objectives to MAV.To give support to anybody in the community who suffers any type of violence.
- To encourage the support of fathers in attaining MAV’s aims and objectives.
- To provide a counselling service.
- To influence change in social policies/legislation.
- To promote the development of an educational system that enhances individual development and creativity.
- To campaign for greater co-ordination in responses of the emergency services to gun and knife crime.